Spin View update?

Forum for general SketchUp Ruby topics

Moderators: RickW, todd

Spin View update?

by dschell on Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:51 pm

Hi, this probably seems dumb, but is there a way to slow down or control "spin view"?
i tried "animate2.rb" but it's very old and doesn't work in SU 7.
Thanks so much for any help! -d
dschell

Operating System: moc 0S10
SketchUp Version: 7

Re: Spin View update?

by todd on Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:55 am

In the animate.rb script, in the nextFrame method, you can add a line to cause Ruby to sleep for a period of time.

As an example, to sleep for (approx) 1/4 second, code

Code: Select all
sleep 0.25

The amount of time you sleep could be arbitrary, or you could calculate how many frames per second you are interested in seeing in the animation and sleep accordingly.
todd

by maithly on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:20 am

Hi, I am having the same trouble with DropGC and i _did_ follow the instructions. When i couldnt get it to work on my project, i tried it on some simple shapes, both touching and not touching the face below it, and it still did not work. I also tried reinstalling the script, although it didnt seem like it would make a difference (and it didnt). Any thoughts on how to get the script to work?
maithly

Operating System: Mac OSX
SketchUp Version: 2

by RickW on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:38 am

Not sure I understand how you can have "the same trouble" with a completely different plugin. :)
Regardless, please contact me through the contact form. I'd like to see a sample model that does not work, since I've tested this on multiple versions of SketchUp.
RickW

Return to SketchUp Ruby